Alice Springs Visitor Information
Discover Alice Springs in Northern Territory, Australia
Alice Springs, also known as Mparntwe, is a town located in the Northern Territory of Australia. It is a popular destination for tourists who are looking for a unique Australian outback experience.
How to Get There
Alice Springs is accessible through flights at Alice Springs Airport. You can also drive to Alice Springs from major cities such as Darwin and Adelaide.
Things to Do
- Visit the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park – a world heritage site with breathtaking views of the iconic Uluru rock formation and Kata Tjuta.
- Explore the West MacDonnell Ranges – a mountain range with stunning gorges and waterholes to swim in.
- Discover the Desert Park – a wildlife park showcasing the unique flora and fauna of the Australian outback.
- Experience the Alice Springs Reptile Centre – a reptile zoo with daily shows and displays of snakes, lizards and crocodiles.
Where to Stay
There are a variety of accommodation options in Alice Springs, including hotels, motels, backpacker hostels and holiday apartments. Some popular choices include:
- The DoubleTree by Hilton – a modern hotel with a swimming pool, restaurant and bar.
- The Diplomat Motel – a budget-friendly option with comfortable rooms and free parking.
- Alice Springs YHA – a backpacker hostel with communal areas, a kitchen, and a swimming pool.
Where to Eat
Alice Springs has a varied food scene, with plenty of options to cater to all tastes and budgets. Some popular places to eat include:
- The Overlander Steakhouse – a restaurant serving up delicious steaks and burgers.
- Tali Restaurant – an upscale dining experience with a focus on modern Australian cuisine.
- The Epilogue Lounge – a cafe and bar serving up gourmet pizzas and cocktails.
Visit Alice Springs
Alice Springs is a great destination for those looking to experience the Australian outback. With its unique landscapes, wildlife and culture, there is plenty to see and do in this vibrant town.